ABB Performance Beverages: Ready to Drink Energy, Protein, Recovery Drinks



Tips For Effective Endurance Training

February 1, 2013

If you're getting ready to take on a 5K or even a marathon come springtime, a study published in the International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance offers some tips for planning out an effective training routine.

An analysis of studies revealed that competitive endurance athletes at the top of their game train 10 to 13 times per week, which is a lot of 2-a-days. About 80% of this training involves low-intensity conditioning with the remaining 20% performed at 90% of capacity. This high-intensity training is incorporated throughout the cycle.

While this information is very generalized, keep in mind that beginners and even novice runners should allow more time for recovery. To see results from an interesting creatine study on endurance training, check out today's Breaking News post at optimumnutrition.com